- 29th July 2022
- TAIHO PHARMA ASIA PACIFIC PTE.LTD.
PITAS Official Product Launch in Singapore 2022 - Ease Your Throat Discomfort in Style with PITAS!
Ease Your Throat Discomfort in Style with PITAS,
A Uniquely Discreet and Convenient Adhesive Film Lozenge
that Relieves Sore Throat and Freshens Breath!
Originating from the Japanese word “ぴたっと-pitatto” which means “precisely, perfectly”, these flavoured adhesive film lozenges adhere tightly to the roof of your mouth, help relieve painful and throat discomfort while freshening up your breath, ensuring attractiveness, professionalism and confidence with every interaction you encounter.
Singapore, 29 July 2022 – Anxious, embarrassed and worried about your sore throat affecting your interactions and performance? Well fret no more, and relieve your sore throat with confidence and in style! PITAS, a dual-purpose, stylish and discreet adhesive film lozenge is an innovative and revolutionary way to relieve sore throat.
Ask anyone, and they are likely to have experienced pain and discomfort of the throat1. Many would choose a lozenge to ease the discomfort of their throat.1 However, at times when performing certain work or lifestyle functions, it is may not be practical to pop a lozenge in your mouth2 to soothe your throat.
For instance, it may appear inappropriate to be consuming a lozenge2 while speaking at a professional setting as the presence of a lozenge in your mouth may impede the clarity of your speech. Also, it may not be suitable to take a lozenge while engaging in sports or when singing. So how exactly should you relieve the throat discomfort in a way that lets you get on with your day at ease? With PITAS, of course!
PITAS's active ingredient ‘Cetylpyridinium Chloride Hydrate’ contains a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent that kills germs3, and is non-drowsy. Free of sugar4, these adhesive film lozenges are throat-soothing and bring freshness to your breath. Each film lozenge is individually wrapped and measures only 0.3mm thin and 1.5cm in diameter, making it super handy and convenient to carry around.
Simply adhere one strip5 of PITASto the roof of your mouth, without chewing or swallowing, and allow it to dissolve slowly. No attention is being drawn to yourself as your throat begins to soothe and the lingering bad breath disappears.6 It is that easy!
With PITAS, you can go about your normal daily activities such as speaking, singing or exercising without any hassle. You can use it anytime of the day even when lying down in bed7!
PITAS is available in three yummy flavours – Peach, Orange and Lychee. Each pack comes with 12 individually wrapped strips and retails for $7.90.
About Taiho Pharma Asia Pacific
Taiho Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. was established in Singapore in August 2011 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. The company focuses on clinical research, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, and serves as a hub for Taiho’s oncology business in Southeast Asia. It works closely with local medical oncologists and the other medical professionals in area of cancer care.
Driven by its corporate statement, “We strive to improve human health and contribute to a society enriched by smiles”, Taiho Pharma Asia Pacific continues to work in partnership with medical oncologists and the other medical professionals in cancer care in the Southeast Asia region to provide high quality data research and development to introduce effective anti-cancer drugs for people around the world. Taiho Pharma Asia Pacific’s goal is to protect and nurture human lives, as the company respects that every life is precious and irreplaceable.
About Taiho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Japan)
Taiho Pharmaceutical, a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd., is an R&D-driven specialty pharma company with a focus on oncology. Taiho Pharmaceutical also has development programs in allergy and immunology, urology and consumer healthcare products. Our corporate philosophy is simple: “We strive to improve human health and contribute to a society enriched by smiles.”
|Ingredients||Active Ingredient: Cetylpyridinium Chloride Hyrdate|
Individual response may vary. Please consult a healthcare professional if symptoms persist.
|Directions for use||
Recommended daily dosage:
|Retail Price & Availability||
PITAS, pack of 12 (S$7.90) – available in Peach, Orange and Lychee flavour
|Imported by||Taiho Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.|
- 1 According to an online survey done by Taiho Pharmaceutical in 2016 (in Japan, N=30,000), about 80% of working adults have experienced troubles with sore throat, and more than half of the respondents deal with it using lozenges.
- 2 According to an online survey done by Taiho Pharmaceutical in 2016 (in Japan, N=624), 70% of respondents affirmed that they cannot eat candy or gum while they work.
- 3 Stela Lima Farias de Miranda al., In Vitro Antimicrobial Effect of Cetylpyridinium Chloride on Complet Multispecies Subgingival Biofilm. Brazilian Dental Journal. 2020; 31(2): 103-108.
- 4 Data on file. There are no sugars – fructose, glucose, sucrose, maltose, and galactose, found in PITAS. PITAS contains artificial sweeteners – Sucralose, D-sorbitol and Saccharin Sodium.
- 5 The recommended daily dosage for adults (aged 15 years and over) is four to six times. For children (under 15 years old), please consult a healthcare professional for further advice.
- 6 Individual response may vary. Please consult a healthcare professional if symptoms persist.
- 7 Please follow recommended prescribed usage and dosage.